The building that houses Augustana Lutheran Church was built ca. 1916 for St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church. The Lutherans purchased the church with its original tubular-pneumatic M. P. Möller organ in 1939. In 1970 Lewis & Hitchcock installed new Great and Positiv divisions over the reredos and collected various ranks to form a Swell division behind the original organ case. In the next decade the stoplist was modestly expanded while the tonal orientation was shifted away from its neo-baroque aesthetic.
In 1999 a new two-manual mechanical-action organ of 35 stops and 42 ranks was built by Orgues-Létourneau Limitée of Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec. It incorporated several ranks from the previous organs, re-regulating them to fit the new tonal environment. The design of this instrument allows the faithful rendition of both classic and symphonic repertoire, and provides a variety of colors for accompaniment at all dynamic levels.