The Augustana Lutheran Church organ was built in 1999 by Orgues Létourneau Limitée of St-Hyacinthe, Québec and was refurbished and revoiced in earlier this year.
On Sunday, September 11 at 3:00pm, J. Thomas Mitts will rededicate the organ with a concert of French and German repertoire. The program will include:
- The World Awaiting the Savior, from the Passion Symphony (Marcel Dupré)
- Two Settings of “Savior of the Nations, Come” (Dieterich Buxtehude / Johann Sebatian Bach)
- Pièces d’orgue: Tierce en taille ~ Trio ~ Dialogue (Jean-François Dandrieu)
- Introduction and Passacaglia in D Minor (Max Reger)
- Toccata in G (Théodore Dubois)
Adagio, from Symphonie III (Louis Vierne)
Sicilienne (Gabriel Fauré, transcribed J. Thomas Mitts)
Dieu parmi nous / God Among Us (Olivier Messiaen)
Dr. Mitts retired in October 2020 after serving 27 years as Augustana’s organist and choir master. Following the recital, there will be a festive reception in celebration of Tom’s retirement.