As people of God, we are called to be faithful stewards of the gifts of time, talent and treasure first given to us by God.
Why do we give?
As God’s called people, we give generously:
- in gratitude for God’s abundant gifts to us.
- in loving concern for our neighbors both near and far.
- in hope of extending God’s legacy to new generations.
How can I give monetary gifts?
There are a variety of channels for making monetary gifts:
- cash or check placed in the offering plate during worship
- weekly offering envelopes provided by the church office
- automatic and regular withdrawals from your bank account (arrange with your banking institution as you would an automatic payment for a utility bill)
- Simply Giving
- Online through our website – gifts made with a PayPal account or credit card (click on the “Donate” button at the top of this page)
- Gifts of stock
- Gifts of real property should be discussed with the Pastor in advance to determine Augustana’s ability to accept the gift
- Give time and energy to the mission and ministry of the church. Individuals are encouraged to fill out a time and talent form during the stewardship campaign every fall to indicate their intentions and interest areas of service to leaders in the congregation. Of course, volunteers for committees, groups and other tasks as they arise are welcome at any time. See the list of regular, ongoing activities that you can engage in.
- Pledge an amount of funds you will give annually, ideally a percentage of your income
- Give special gifts in response to regular appeals, such as for feeding the hungry, or those that arise on occasion, such as addressing other compelling human needs.
- Honor a friend one or memorialize a loved one with a tribute gift in their name.
- Give a planned gift by designating Augustana as a beneficiary in your will, life insurance policy or other financial instruments.
- Give a Welcoming Church Home “capital gift” to help Augustana pay for past and ongoing building and grounds improvements.
- Give non-perishable food items or grocery store gift cards to help the needy in our community. Get more information including a list of suggest food items.
During the year, Augustana encourages people to make special gifts to the following: